Is Your Mouth Killing Your Dream?
I just want to ask you one question: Are you speaking life or death over your dream(s)? That's right! You heard me correctly. Is your tongue your biggest enemy, or your greatest asset? Most people tend to speak death over their own dreams...and then wonder why their dreams never come true; or worst, they wonder why their nightmares always seem to come true.
The Bible makes it clear that the power of life and death is in our tongues. It is therefore important that we exercise this "power" the right way rather than in a destructive manner. If God gave you a dream, you have an obligation to speak life into it. How do you do that? I'll tell you in five easy steps:
1. First, you must change the way you think. "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7). We become what we think about the most. If we think messy, we'll act and carry ourselves in a messy manner. If we think poor, we'll always be and act poor. If we think of ourselves as valuable, that attitude will be reflected in how we treat ourselves and our possessions.
What you think on grows in your life. Here's a quote for you to consider:
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become your habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
2. The second thing you must do is believe in your dream(s). Jesus said, "...if you can believe, all things are possible" (Mark 9:23). Henry Ford once said, "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." You have to believe in your dream when nobody else does.
3. The third thing you must do is invest in your mind daily. You were born to be great, but you must feed your mind everyday in order to unlock your potential and walk in that greatness. Find a great book that will help you reach your dream. Read at least 10 pages a day. Remember: What you feed grows the most in your life. Feed your mind and your thoughts, creativity, intellect, knowledge, ability and understanding will grow.
4. The fourth thing you must do is make no more excuses. When destiny is calling you, you must push pass all of the excuses. You can either create a way or find a way. Become unstoppable. Let nothing stop you.
5. The fifth thing you must do is stay focused on your dream. The word "focus" is often used as an acronym (F.O.C.U.S), which means this:
I want to encourage you to start dreaming big. When you dream big, you think big; and when you think big and aim big you will then start to see big results. Remember: If you can dream it, God can do it. Even more importantly: If God gives you a dream, He will bring it to pass, but you must speak life over it, you must water it daily with your words. If you change what you are saying, you will change what you are seeing.